Arsenic Filter Experts ! There are so many things that can go wrong if your arsenic removal system is not expertly designed, installed and maintained. The picture shows an arsenic removal system in a 10 unit apartment building that was somewhat complicated by other issues with the water chemistry. This is so often the case and so often overlooked by inexperienced water conditioning contractors. Please ask to see your contractors “Certified Water Specialist” certificate. It makes all the difference ! We do residential & commercial arsenic testing & arsenic removal systems throughout Maine. Please call 207-907-9772. Thank You.
More Water Filters for Arsenic in Maine. It seems Arsenic in Water is really a problem widely distributed around Maine. Our most recent Arsenic job is now operating in Washington County. Our client had arsenic levels at twice the “Maximum Contaminant Level” set by EPA. The system installed protects the whole house by removing arsenic to a level that is undetectable. The system is working perfectly ! It’s simple. It requires no salt and very little maintenance. Click on the pic to enlarge the it. Then call Chuck at Mainely Water for a free estimate. 207-907-9772,
Testing for Arsenic in Maine Water Wells… This is becoming a bigger issue every day. There are currently at least 2 bills being ushered through the Maine House that seek to elevate testing of well water for disease causing contaminants and specifically testing for Arsenic. If you have a private well, you should have your water tested by an independent certified lab. There are several in Maine.
- Test before you buy a new house. If you don’t, the next buyer will. That would set you up to buy a new arsenic filter system for the next buyer while your family ingested that water for several years without the benefit of filtration…. because you didn’t know.
- Test your existing house. For the same reason. If you’re going to live in the house, live there knowing the water is safe and your family is safe from water problems.
We can guide you through the testing process. We don’t actually do the analysis. That could be considered a conflict of interest. But we can order the sample containers for you and in many cases, we can even draw the samples and send them in for analysis. Call us… 207-907-9772
Do I need water treatment equipment in Maine ? Maybe. If you’re asking, You haven’t done enough testing. Basic testing is very inexpensive. More extensive testing is a bit more. But if it turns out you actually have a problem with your water, wouldn’t you want to know ? Most folks are not hoping to get a Water Treatment System for Christmas. But if you have a well contaminated with Arsenic, you just might decide a Water Treatment System would be an awesome gift. Most of the bad-guys in water are tasteless, odorless & colorless. But that doesn’t mean they are not there.
Taking care of your water filter system. Good quality water filters are large appliances that usually have electronic controllers on a cylindrical tank that is full of a special filter media designed for your particular set of water issues. There are two very broad categories of contaminants to be filtered…
- Health Related Contaminants (cause disease or other health risk)
- Aesthetic Contaminants (not health related but cause odors or staining, etc)
You must be diligent in taking care of your filter system according to recommendations from the manufacturer and you local dealer. If you don’t, bad things can happen…
- The system could get plugged up and just stop working until serviced.
- The system could be damaged due to neglect and require service plus replacement parts.
- The system could let the selected contaminants “Bleed Through” to your drinking water.
- The system could actually “dump” / “reject” the contaminant thereby dumping all of the accumulated contaminants back into your water in one giant slug.
If you have aesthetic contaminants, you usually have some kind of warning that the system is not working…
- Iron may start to stain things orange or brown.
- The bad odor may return.
- You may have those Greenish or Bluish stains coming back.
But most Health Related Contaminants have no noticeable effects. Without knowing it, you could experience….
- The return of Arsenic
- The return of Lead
- The return of Bacteria
- The return of Radon, Uranium or Radium
- The return of MTBE indicating a Petroleum base contaminant
The Bottom line is this: Make sure your Dealer is Certified with a CWS (Certified Water Specialist) from the National Water Quality Association. They contact him/her for detailed instructions on recommended routine care of your system. If you don’t know your dealer or if you just want to be sure your are working with a CWS, Chuck at Mainley Water LLC will be happy to work with you. Telephone help is free. Charges for On-site work are reasonable. 207-907-9772 ask for Chuck.