Arsenic Filters for Water
Arsenic is a very common contaminant found in Maine ground water. For that reason, Mainely Water LLC has taken on the Premier line of Arsenic Filtration systems. Our systems are extremely effective. We install two filter tanks in series with a test port between the two tanks. This two tank system gives you multiple advantages.
- Redundancy. If the first tank gets saturated, you are still protected by the second tank.
- Surge Protection. During high water usage, the filter material in a single tank may not have enough contact time to remove all the arsenic. But during those short bursts, the second tank is there to finish the job.
- The center port: This is a test port for drawing samples at the mid-point between the 2 tanks. This allows you to know when the first tank is needing service while the second tank is still protecting you.
- There is no regenerant: That means no lugging salt or any chemicals to back wash the tanks.
- No Water waste: Because these systems never need to backwash, they don’t use any water. Therefore, no waste.
- No Electricity: Again, no backwash = no need for electricity.
- FINALLY: They Work ! Yep… They just flat Work to remove extremely high amounts of arsenic from your family’s water.
The USGS has developed a map of the U.S. showing the arsenic concentrations in ground water around the country. Click here to link to that map. Then come back and check us out a little more.